Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Tune-Up Tri

This weekend I completed my first (hopefully of many) triathlon (swim, bike, run)! It was a blast!! My friend, Renee was training for this tri when I first started working out again after having Anderson and she talked me into doing it with her...thanks Renee!! I definitely recommend doing a tri...its great cross training and soooo much fun!!

The swim is always first...this swim was in a pool but many are "open water" swims which means its in a lake or other large body of water. It was nice starting off with a pool swim because that was what I trained in at the gym.

Bike is always next...this was my hardest sport. It was only the third time I'd been on my bike since last spring so I was a bit rusty to say the least. Hopefully in the future I'll train a little more on my bike and can improve my time and performance.

The run is always last...the legs we pretty shaky after swimming and biking but I felt pretty good.


Renee and I after we finished...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Robin! I'm impressed! You look great too! You've given me motivation to work out harder. I just joined Stroller Strides, so hopefully that will help. It's really fun and Rylan likes it too.

    ReplyDelete