Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

RAMROD


This past weekend Brad rode in another long bike race called RAMROD (Ride Around Mt Rainier - One Day). The race started and ended in Enumclaw, WA and was 160 miles!! We flew into Seattle late on Wednesday night...Brad got about 4 hours of sleep and then, at 4:30am, my dad drove him to the race start and he started riding at 6:00am. He finished at around 6:15pm!! That's 12 hours of riding! Pretty amazing!! He said he felt great at the end of the race but that it was a long day...no kidding!!


This is his cheering section...Anderson, me, Suanne (Brad's mom), Grandma Tracy, and Tom (my dad). Oh...I forgot to mention that it was 97 degrees that day...HOT!!!



I snapped some cute pictures of Anderson while we were waiting...


Anderson and Great Grandma Tracy...she was visiting my family in Gig Habor and drove up with my dad to watch Brad finish the race. It was the first time Anderson had met her. Grandma Tracy has 23 great grandchildren!!!


Brad, after the race, with his good friend Matt Willis and Matt's friend Josh. The three of them rode most of the race together.


This is how Brad got his bike from Denver to Seattle...he had to rent a bike box. He removed both wheels, pedals, and handle bars.




















No comments:

Post a Comment