Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Back to work...

I ventured back to work at The Joshua School after 12 weeks of maternity leave. It's great being back at work and I know that while I love being a mother, I am eternally committed and passionate about this field and population. If some of you don't know I am the Early Intervention Director at a private school for children with autism specturm disorders. I feel so lucky to have found a way to balence family and motherhood with my professional life (so far). I work three days per week and have Friday - Monday with Anderson. It's great!!

While I'm at work Anderson has been staying at home with family members (until my summer break which starts in mid-June). For my first two weeks back, my Aunt Cathy flew into town. We had a lot of fun and she and Anderson had tons of fun while I was at work. We walked around Wash Park, did some shopping, and went out to eat at Little India (it was the first time Cathy tried indian...she loved it!).


Cathy and I also did this unbelievable workout at Red Rocks...it was killer!! This guy, who is in amazing shape, leads the work outs there three times per week FOR FREE!! He comes up with the most innovative and difficult exercises. Check out his website...Red Rock Fitness. I'm hoping to make it up there for a workout at least once per week (I think that's all my body can handle...it hurt to breath and sit for at least 4 days after the first workout). Maybe I'll see you up there...

No comments:

Post a Comment